Hillside School District 93 Board of Education
Informational Session and Vacancy Announcement- Wednesday, April 5
Due to the lack of filing candidates at the General Election on April 4, 2023, the Board of Education of Hillside School District 93 will have three (3) vacancies on the Board of Education.
In keeping with the legal requirements that the Board appoint a successor within a 60-day period, the Board is now seeking applicants who are interested in being appointed to the Board of Education and serve a two- year term until the next consolidated general election, which will occur on April 1, 2025.
On Wednesday, April 5, 2023, the Hillside D93 School Board of Education will be conducting an informational session on the following:
How School Boards Work and the Role of a Board Member
- 6:00 p.m. In-Person Informational Session
- Session will be held in the Cafeteria
- Enter Through Door #4
- Snacks will be provided
- 7:00 p.m. Virtual Informational Session- Click HERE to enter the Zoom Informational Session.
Interested Applicants- APPLY NOW!
Residents interested in applying to become a member of the D93 Board of Education should submit a one-page letter of interest to be received by the close of business at 4:00 pm on Friday, May 1, 2021. Submissions can be made by email, regular mail, fax, or hand delivery to Ana Maria, Recording Secretary Board of Education. Each submission will be acknowledged to ensure receipt. The one-page letter of interest should include:
- The applicant’s full name and contact information (home address, cell number, and email address)
- Reasons why are you interested in serving on the Hillside School District 93 Board of Education
- Describe your experience and involvement with Hillside School.
- What educational, professional, civic experience have you had that contribute to your performance as a member of the Hillside D93 Board of Education.
- Describe your interest, skills, and abilities would you bring that would benefit the Hillside D93 Board of Education.
All applicants need to meet the legal requirements to be a member of a Board of Education. A Board member must be, on the date of appointment, a United States citizen of at least 18 years of age, a registered voter, and a resident of Illinois and Hillside School District 93 for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment. Reasons making an individual ineligible for Board membership include holding an incompatible office and certain types of State or federal employment. A child sex offender, as defined in Illinois law, is also ineligible for Board of Education membership.
Candidates for office need to file a Statement of Economic Interest with the Cook County Clerk. The form can be downloaded from the Cook County website. https://ethics.cookcountyclerkil.gov/Account/SEILogin
Once letters of interest have been received, it is the Board’s general intent to interview candidates. Candidates selected for interviews will be notified. The goal of the Board of Education is to appoint the new members at the regularly scheduled Board of Education Meeting on June 14, 2023, but is subject to change based on the number of applicants. Please direct all questions to Dr. Kevin L. Suchinski, Superintendent of Hillside School District 93.
Submissions should be made to:
Ana Maria Velasquez, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-449-5506 HSD #93 Recording Secretary Board of Education Hillside School District 93 District Office 4804 Harrison Street, Hillside, Illinois 60162