School Dress Code
HILLSIDE SCHOOL DRESS CODE
In order to enhance the Hillside School learning environment, the Board of Education has adopted a school uniform policy for student dress.
Color: White, Light Blue, Navy
Style: Short or long sleeved oxford or knit polo style shirts.
- NO LOGOS OR WRITING ON SHIRTS OR BLOUSES.
- Must have a collar, however, turtlenecks or mock turtlenecks can be worn.
- Absolutely no T-Shirts may be worn. * See “Special Days”
- Camisoles or undergarments should not be exposed.
Style: Boys: Uniform shorts or pants, with or without a cuff.
Girls: Uniform shorts, pants, or capris with or without a cuff. Skorts, skirts, jumpers may also be worn.
- NO LOGOS OR WRITING ON SHORTS OR PANTS.
- Shorts, skirts, or skorts must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee.
- Shorts must not be longer than the top of the kneecap.
- All shorts and pants must be worn at the waist.
- Absolutely no denim (blue jean material) pants or skirts are permitted.
- Solid colored (black, navy, or white) leggings may be worn under appropriate length uniform apparel.
- Pants/slacks cannot drag on the ground.
Color: White, Light Blue, or Navy
Styles: School uniform cardigans, Hillside School sweatshirts without a hood, and sweaters are appropriate accessories on colder days.
- NO LOGOS or Trademark outerwear.
- Must be solid colored; no pictures or writing.
- Hats, bandanas, head scarves, cloth headbands, sweatbands, sunglasses, jackets and gloves are to be removed upon entering the building and remain in the student lockers during the day.
- Gym shoes may be worn and must be laced and tied at all times.
- Dress shoes must be closed toe and closed heel.
- For safety, absolutely no high heels, flip flops, sandals, or platform shoes.
- Boots must be removed upon arrival to school. Students must change into appropriate footwear during the school day.
- Exposed necklaces are not allowed. Necklaces and medallions may only be worn under shirts or tops. Jewelry may not be worn in PE and Consumer Science classes.
“Hillside School Spirit Wear Day”- On Fridays, the students will be able to wear Hillside School t-shirts with their school uniform pants, shorts, or skirts. Shirts may be purchased at different times of the year through various Hillside School organizations.
Picture Day(s): The students are expected to “dress up” on Picture Day or wear their school uniform. Absolutely no denim (blue jean material) pants or skirts are permitted. Students not dressed appropriately will NOT be permitted to have their picture taken that day.
Students arriving at school out of uniform will be issued a behavior report. Students who are chronically violating the dress code will be kept from class until arrangements for appropriate clothing are made. These dress guidelines will be in effect every school day, except if determined otherwise by the administration. School administration reserves the right to enforce or make changes as deemed necessary. If you have any questions regarding the school uniform guidelines, please call the school (708) 449-6491.